A beach house is a place where you can go to unwind and relax. It’s a vacation venue where you should be spending your days in the water or sipping cocktails overlooking it. But a beach house shouldn’t just be valued for the fun that occurs outside of the home’s four walls, and with the right design you can ensure that the interior of the home is just as enjoyable as what you experience outside of it. Noting this, here’s a look at some of the top trends in beach house interior design:
Top Trends in Beach House Interior Design
- Open living space: An open living space helps make any home, let alone a beach house, look bigger and more inviting. And with spacious windows that give way to natural daylight, an open living space can serve as a nice touch to any beach house, no matter how big or how small.
- Enclosed porch: Rough waters or poor weather doesn’t have to put a damper on your beach house fun. Hence, one of the hottest trends in beach house interior design is an enclosed porch. This way, you can listen to the waves and see the water while enjoying all of the creature comforts from the inside of your home.
- Large front windows: Just imagine eating breakfast at the kitchen table looking out through large windows to see the water and the beach just outside your home. That’s the type of ambiance that such windows can permit, making for a scenic view from both inside and outside of your beach house.
- Go nautical: It’s a beach house you have, so treat it like one. Go with a nautical theme to complement the location of your home. While full-blown wallpaper might not be your thing, a wallpaper border of seashells, sail boats or fish could provide the touch that you’re looking for. Aside from wallpaper, nautical-themed wall decor (think: ships in a bottle) can also help tie into any nautical theme.
- Choose blue and white decor: To further tie into any nautical theme you’re going for, consider selecting blue and white furniture as interior colors for your home.
If you have a beach house, be sure to treat it like one. So if your beach house is in need of a makeover, make sure you’re doing it right. Select a theme and know what you want to get out of it, then take the proper steps to execute it. Like we said in the opening, a beach house is where you go to relax and unwind. Make sure that it’s designed to put you in the right mood from the moment you walk in the door.