Let’s put our best foot forward and take a stylish plunge straight into the deep end of this seasons fashion do’s. As the temperatures start to soar, it’s time to swap out for some brighter colours and layer on those accessories. If you’re not sure what to add to your summer wardrobe, and live in the capital, you could always try hiring a London personal stylist.
Here are our 10 fashion rules for summer that you will swear by!
- Opt for natural materials – Choosing a lighter option for fabrics, like cotton, rayon or linen, will keep you a lot cooler. When it’s hot out, you want your clothes to be breathable.
- Go with the flow – Loose and flowing styles are very much on trend right now. Be more fashion forward with a great pair of draped trousers.
- Pick some perfect shorts – It’s definitely short season, but you need to choose a pair that fits you and is flattering for your shape. If you’re more petite, go with a flowy or pleated pair to give you some structure.
- Strap on the sandals – Finding a new pair of sandals is a summer must. Opt for slide on sandals for comfort and style.
- Go for bold prints – Spice up your summer wardrobe with some prints. Floral prints are great when you want that romantic, flowy feel on a summers evening.
- Buy a new bag – Refresh your bag for the summer and choose a bright, bold colour. Red or cobalt blues are on trend this summer.
- Try the maxi – Nothing is more effortless and stylish than a maxi dress. It’s easy to wear for most body shapes. You can even transition the look from day to night by swapping your shoes from sandals to heels. Perfect!
- Bare it all – Don’t show everything. But a cold shoulder top will help you to be stylish and stay cool without showing too much skin.
- Colour it up – Pick some key pieces that have a serious blast of colour. Summer brights are best worn with neutrals.
- Explore new prints and patterns – Summer is all about events. Whether it’s a wedding or a family picnic, go for an in your face print or geometric pattern. You’ll be the talk of the party.